Dear mamma 🙂
My name is Sophie Villeneuve and I am a Pelvic Health Physiotherapist and certified Birth Healing Specialist. Since 2015, I have been helping hundreds of women to prepare and recover from birth so they can enjoy their family life without pelvic symptoms such as urine leakage, painful sex, prolapse, bowel issues, pelvic and low back pain, and so on.
I want you to have the quality of life you deserve as a mother!
First, if you are an expecting mother, know that learning about pelvic health right now will be your most powerful tool in preventing pelvic issues that often arise from pregnancy and delivery. A bit like a runner would prepare months ahead for a marathon, preparing your body and pelvis for birth should be part of your pregnancy plan. For example:
- Knowing how to control your pelvic floor so you can deliver your baby like a pro without tearing
- Knowing which births positions can help your pelvis to open during your labour, so baby can move down as easily as possible
- Knowing how to push effectively to protect your pelvic floor from injuries such as prolapse
- Knowing what you should or should not do in those first few weeks after baby is born to protect yourself from long term injuries, whether you went through a vaginal or belly birth
If you are a postpartum mamma, do not worry if you missed the train on consulting during pregnancy. Because you know what - it is never too late to take care of your pelvic health! The earlier you consult, the more we can fix things now before they get big. So come my way if you want to...
- Learn how to heal your vaginal tear or abdominal separation (diastasis recti) properly
- Get a thorough assessment of your pelvic floor so you can move forward with your activities safely
- Know if you have a prolapse and what to do about it
- Get your pelvis re-aligned after delivery to address your low back/hip or pelvic pain symptoms
- Address painful sex or bowel control issues
Note that due to the huge demand for my services at the moment, I am only accepting postpartum moms who are < 2 years after delivery.
WORKING WITH ME
- Take my prenatal LIVE class "Get your Floor Ready for Baby" so I can teach you everything I know about birth prep
- If you cannot make it live, consider my ONLINE version of "Get your Floor Ready for Baby" and do it at your own pace from the comfort of your home
- Book a 1-1 prenatal consultation so we can address your specific concerns
- Check out my Youtube channel for FREE videos to help you prepare for birth! I release a new video every other week 🙂
- Attend Postpartum Floor & Core Awareness Program where moms & babies can socialize while healing their body
- Book a 1-1 postnatal consultation to get a thorough check and make a plan for your recovery
- Subscribe to my newsletter and get my FREE pelvic floor intro guide!
- Watch my videos on my Beyond Birthing Youtube Channel - a new video is released every other week!
- Read my blog and learn my recommendations about different symptoms
- Take a peak at my Insta (@beyondbirthingpt) & FB pages so you can enjoy pictures of my dogs and see what's going on in my life!
Postgraduate training & certifications
- Oct 2020 - Special Considerations for Cesarean Sections: Preparing and Recovering from Belly Birth (Uro Santé, online)
- June 2020 - Treating and Training the Female Runner (Julie Wiebe, online)
- Oct 2019 - Visceral mobilization 1 (Barral Institute, Vancouver)
- Jan 2019 - Birth Healing Specialist certification (Institute for Birth Healing, Colorado)
- Dec 2018 - Advanced treatment of the postpartum Body (Institute for Birth Healing, Colorado)
- Nov 2018 - Holistic Treatment of the postpartum body (Institute for Birth Healing, Colorado)
- Oct 2018 - Holistic Treatment of the pregnant body (Institute for Birth Healing, Colorado)
- Sept 2015 - Treating the Pain System: a New Model of Care (Pelvic Health Solutions, Calgary)
- Feb 2015 - Female & Male Pelvic Pain (Pelvic Health Solutions, Calgary)
- Jan 2015 - The Physical Therapy Approach to Female & Male Urinary Incontinence (Pelvic Health Solutions, Toronto)