Designed for expecting couples who wish to best prepare for labour & delivery.
Who is it for?
This live class is for any pregnant woman and their birth partner (if applicable). We recommend taking the class in the second trimester to have your knowledge fresh in mind for birth, while having time to practice the exercises before Baby comes. Whether or not you are first-time parents, this class has been appreciated by all of our participants.
'When my partner and I attended Sophie's prenatal classes, my partner was eager to learn but somewhat unsure of his role in the process. This class was such a wonderful opportunity for him to feel part of our pregnancy in an active way. While I was in labour, he was able to provide concrete support beyond just words.When it came time to make some challenging decisions in the middle of a difficult labour, he felt confident in joining me in those decisions as we both felt empowered by everything we learned in Sophie's course. We both could have felt like everything was out of our control, and while things did not unfold as we imagined, we were well-prepared to make informed choices and still feel grateful for that.' - Astrid Sideway-Wolf, participant
You will learn...
- How to best prepare your pelvic floor for birth to reduce risk of tearing and pelvic injuries
- Pelvic floor symptoms: what to expect during pregnancy and how to manage them?
- How to assess diastasis recti (abdominal separation) and prevent it through awareness and core exercises
- Top recommended labour and birth positions to ease pain during labour and help baby to descend
- Pushing techniques for an effective pushing stage and minimize risk of pelvic injuries
- Different medical interventions & how to make informed decisions at birth
- Natural pain management strategies during labour
- Optional add-on: with your birth partner in studio, learn hands on manual techniques to relieve labour pain (only available in full version of the class)
1- FULL VERSION (theory + hands-on) - 299$
This full comprehensive version is our most popular one - it includes both theory and hands-on teaching.
- 4h of live online coaching through Zoom (2 sessions of 2h)
- 45-min of hands-on coaching in studio where you will learn hands on techniques with your birth partner to ease pain during labour
- An exclusive version of our prenatal book which includes photos and videos of the hands-on techniques that you will learn in studio
- Limited to 8 participants / class. Book early to ensure your spot!
- This version of the class is included in all our Beyond Birthing packages. Get priority access by booking a package!
- Upcoming dates: this class is offered every other month (January/March/May/July/September/November) - starting dates are indicated at the top of our online booking page
- How to book: in our online booking, select "Prenatal Class Get your Floor Ready for Baby - full version" and jump ahead to the date you wish to book.
2- LIVE ONLINE VERSION (theory only) - 249$
This version of our class is perfect for anyone who cannot attend our studio session, or as an alternative if our full version is sold out. It includes:
- 4h of live online coaching on Zoom (2 sessions of 2h)
- Our prenatal book
- Upcoming dates: this class is offered every 2 months (January/March/May/July/September/November) - starting dates are indicated at the top of our online booking page
- How to book: in our online booking, select "Prenatal Class Get your Floor Ready for Baby - online live version" and jump ahead to the date you wish to book.
If our full version of the class is sold out and you are interested in learning the hands-on techniques for labour with your birth partner, we can offer 1-1 coaching session in clinic depending on our availability and schedule. Contact us as soon as possible if you wish to book a 1-1 coaching session.